Open Temple is currently seeking:
Chief Heart Officer
Open Temple’s CHO optimizes social media, pr, marketing and engagement to ensure that our core values of Creativity, Love and Truth are reinforced through our brand and outreach. Open Temple continues to set the bar for innovation in Jewish and spiritual community. To accomplish this goal, our CHO works closely with our Rabbi/Artistic Director and Executive Director to amplify our voice with the Jew-ishly curious and those who love us in Venice, Los Angeles and Beyond. The part-time position requires a high level of creativity, human relations, independence, balance of intuition and curiosity, good judgement, attention to detail and project management skills. Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, efficiency, and a sense of humor are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, areas such as:
Translate the vision of our Rabbi/Artistic Director into visually engaging tools
- Create deliverables that attract new faces to Open Temple and optimize engagement among familiar faces
- Source and create imagery for e-newsletters, website, social media posts, etc.
Create, implement, and manage a weekly outreach plan that is on brand
- Create and implement a social media strategy using platforms like Facebook and Instagram (manage posts, use hashtags to optimize visibility, etc.) along with e-newsletters
- Create and sustain strategic partnerships that share Open Temple’s programming with relevant channels (i.e. JKidsLA, PJ Library, Jewish Federation, NuRoots, Moishe House, etc.)
- Optimize traffic and user experience through our website
- Maintain our external calendar
Recruit and engage community members in Open Temple dialogue, Happenings (events), and life-cycle events
- Use data around interests and attendance history to steward individuals in our community to Happenings they might enjoy
- Respond to likes, comments, etc. on social media
- Co-design and implement an outreach plan to launch our new Venice Beach Summer Camp
- Upload videos of Happenings and optimize views
- Co-host Live Stream Happenings
- Assist our Community Care Committee with engagement
- Implement strategies to acknowledge life-cycle occasions
Serve as a supportive member of our team
- Participate in set-up and breakdown of events
- Pitch in when others need support
- Super Schmoozer: get to know the OT community
Desired Skills /Experience
- 3-5 years experience in outreach, marketing, and/or engagement
- Understanding of marketing, communications, and branding
- Social Media Savvy – analytic skills to measure and advise on social media engagement, demonstrated experience building audiences
- Proficiency with Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Later, Google Suite, YouTube, Vimeo, Salesforce and more
- Familiarity with the Jewish, non-profit sector + ritual, holiday and life-cycle traditions
- Love and respect for people
- Interest in bringing meaning to the world
- Curious, a desire to continually learn and grow
- Strong team player, happy to help with areas outside job description, does whatever needs to be done
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, creative and solution oriented
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations and on deadlines
- Sense of humor, resilience & flexibility
- Generative, positive, takes ownership
- Confident and professional
Salary commensurate with experience. Send a short letter of introduction that shares why you are a good fit for this position and your resume to email@example.com.
Soul Journey Fellow
Open Temple is where Judaism and Hipster Life meet, creating an open door for everyone to begin their Jewish Soul Journey. Designed as an immersive experience, the Soul Journey Fellowship is an opportunity to live, work and breathe contemporary Jewish life in Venice, California on the Westside of Los Angeles. The Soul Journey Fellow ignites and accelerates their spiritual and social growth through the catalyst of living on-site at Open Temple House and assisting with services and happenings
What does being a Soul Journey Fellow (SJF) mean? The SJF will play an important role in hosting happenings, preparing and organizing before and after all services and events. The SJF will become an active member of our community and a thoughtful custodian of our communal space. The SJF ensures that the environment is always clean, tidy, and welcoming to all.
The SJF is a people person who thrives in a bustling communal environment. They are comfortable meeting and greeting community members with a smile, creating conversation and connections, and they love to make people feel welcome and appreciated. The ideal applicant is highly flexible, willing to go with the flow and adjust gracefully to shifting needs. The SJF can also choose a personal contribution depending on their unique skills and interests: This may be a creative, technical, or social project relating to and enhancing Open Temple. The applicant must eat a vegetarian or kosher-pescetarian diet in the house as we keep a kosher dairy kitchen.
The Soul Journey fellowship begins August 1, 2019 and runs through May 30, 2020 and is open to souls under 30 years of age. The fellowship provides a stipend of $500/month, lodging for 10 months at Open Temple House, 10 spiritual direction sessions and entrance to all classes and happenings at Open Temple. If you are under 30 and interested in applying please send a letter of intent and resume as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Soul Journey Fellow. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
If you are interested in volunteering with Open Temple please email email@example.com.