Open Temple is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant
Open Temple has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, organized, and detail-oriented individual to provide general administrative support to the organization as a whole. This part-time position (~30 hours/week) requires someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including occasional nights and weekends. The ideal candidate has good judgement, is strong on follow-through, and has the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with efficiency and excellence.
General Administrative Tasks
- Participate in and take notes during Open Temple meetings, follow up on action items
- Be a general liaison for the OT community
- Answer phone at OT House, check OT voicemail, respond to or forward messages (shared responsibility)
- Respond to emails and calls
- Maintain the general organization and cleanliness of OT Campus (shared responsibilities)
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Utilize organizational processes for maintaining efficient workflow (includes google drive organizational system, archiving event processes, images, etc.)
- Update all public and internal calendars
- Schedule meetings
- Sort, scan, and file documents and the mail.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Open Temple staff and programs
- Event support
- Shopping/errands for items for events
- Sending post-event email to attendees via info account
- Managing Eventbrite
- Ensure equipment is charged and create YouTube link via SlingStudio app
- Setup and strike camera and SlingStudio equipment
- Stream Shabbat and High Holiday services using SlingStudio
- Act as liaison to late attendees to services and those with special needs to ensure they have a place to sit during services
- Assist marketing team with social media and Mailchimp
- Update website with content: (shared responsibility)
- Send mail merges
Database Tasks (Salesforce)
- Maintain community database in Salesforce and generate reports
- Maintain organized financial records including donations and documentation of revenue
- Commitment to Open Temple’s mission and core values including Truth (emet), Love (ahavah), and Creativity (Yetzirah); curiosity about community and spirituality
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects; strong organizational skills
- Ability to organize and synthesize meeting notes to determine and prioritize action steps
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and community members
- Flexible and embraces that no day is the same
- Enjoys a creative environment and an active, shared workspace
- Experience using Salesforce, WordPress, and Canva preferred
- Experience with social media preferred
- Experience with SlingStudio a plus
Email: email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.” Attach your resume as a pdf and in the body of the email please write a short letter of introduction that shares why you are a good fit for the Administrative Assistant position at Open Temple.
Soul Journey Fellow
Open Temple is where Judaism and Hipster Life meet, creating an open door for everyone to begin their Jewish Soul Journey. Designed as an immersive experience, the Soul Journey Fellowship is an opportunity to live, work and breathe contemporary Jewish life in Venice, California on the Westside of Los Angeles. The Soul Journey Fellow ignites and accelerates their spiritual and social growth through the catalyst of living on-site at Open Temple House and assisting with services and happenings
What does being a Soul Journey Fellow (SJF) mean? The SJF will play an important role in hosting happenings, preparing and organizing before and after all services and events. The SJF will become an active member of our community and a thoughtful custodian of our communal space. The SJF ensures that the environment is always clean, tidy, and welcoming to all.
The SJF is a people person who thrives in a bustling communal environment. They are comfortable meeting and greeting community members with a smile, creating conversation and connections, and they love to make people feel welcome and appreciated. The ideal applicant is highly flexible, willing to go with the flow and adjust gracefully to shifting needs. The SJF can also choose a personal contribution depending on their unique skills and interests: This may be a creative, technical, or social project relating to and enhancing Open Temple. The applicant must eat a vegetarian or kosher-pescetarian diet in the house as we keep a kosher dairy kitchen.
The Soul Journey fellowship begins August 1, 2019 and runs through May 30, 2020 and is open to souls under 30 years of age. The fellowship provides a stipend of $500/month, lodging for 10 months at Open Temple House, 10 spiritual direction sessions and entrance to all classes and happenings at Open Temple. If you are under 30 and interested in applying please send a letter of intent and resume as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Soul Journey Fellow. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
If you are interested in volunteering with Open Temple please email email@example.com.