Open Temple is currently seeking:
Optimize our reach and levels of engagement by establishing a presence for Open Temple as an innovative Jewish and spiritual community. To accomplish this goal, our Outreach Coordinator will work closely with our Rabbi/Artistic Director and Executive Director to understand and share our voice with the Jew’ishly curious in the Venice and Los Angeles area. The role requires a high level of creativity, initiative, good judgement, attention to detail and project management skills. Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, efficiency, and a sense of humor are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, areas such as:
Translate the vision of our Rabbi/Artistic Director into visually engaging engagement tools
- Develop a dynamic and engaging PR and Marketing strategy
- Create deliverables that attract new faces to Open Temple and optimize engagement among those who participate in our community
- Source imagery from both the Open Temple photo archives and online images
- Create images using Canva for e-newsletters, website, social media posts, etc.
Create, implement, and manage a weekly outreach plan that is on brand
- Create and implement a social media strategy using platforms like Facebook and Instagram (manage and schedule posts, hashtag organizations to optimize visibility, etc.) along with e-newsletters
- Create and sustain strategic partnerships where we can share Open Temple’s programming to relevant channels (i.e. JKidsLA, PJ Library, Jewish Federation, NuRoots, Moishe House, etc.)
- Optimize traffic and user experience through the Open Temple website, ensuring that it reflects our brand and current information
- Maintain Open Temple Google Calendar (external)
Recruit and engage community members in Open Temple dialogue, Happenings (events), and life-cycle events
- Use data around interests and attendance history to steward individuals in our community to Happenings they might enjoy
- Respond to likes, comments, etc. on social media
- Upload videos of Happenings and optimize views
- Co-host Live Stream Happenings
- Assist our Community Care Committee with developing and implementing a strategy for community engagement
- Implement strategies to acknowledge birthdays, anniversaries, yahrzeits, and other life-cycle occasions
Assist with grant management
- Collaborate with the Rabbi/Artistic Director and Executive Director to research and pursue grant opportunities
- Assist with grant reports
Serve as a supportive member of our team
- Participate in set-up and breakdown of events
- Pitch in when others need support
- Host events at Open Temple House for peer groups and increase community engagement
- Super Schmoozer: get to know the OT community and share information with senior staff to help connect and weave our community together
Desired Skills /Experience
- 2-3 years experience the fields of outreach, marketing, and/or engagement
- Social Media Expertise – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Understanding of marketing & communications
- Social Media Savvy – analytic skills to measure and advise on social media engagement, demonstrated experience building audiences in social media
- Proficiency with Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Later, Google Suite, YouTube, Vimeo
- Familiarity with the Jewish, non-profit sector + ritual, holiday and life-cycle traditions
- An understanding of branding
- Love and respect for people.
- Interest in bringing meaning to the world
- Curious, a desire to continually learn and grow
- Strong team player with co-workers and the community, happy to help with areas outside job description, does whatever needs to be done
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative
- Solution oriented
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations and on deadlines
- Sense of humor, resilience & flexibility
- Generative, positive, takes ownership
- Confident and professional
Salary commensurate with experience. Send a short letter of introduction that shares why you are a good fit for this position and your resume to email@example.com.
Soul Journey Fellow
Open Temple is where Judaism and Hipster Life meet, creating an open door for everyone to begin their Jewish Soul Journey. Designed as an immersive experience, the Soul Journey Fellowship is an opportunity to live, work and breathe contemporary Jewish life in Venice, California on the Westside of Los Angeles. The Soul Journey Fellow ignites and accelerates their spiritual and social growth through the catalyst of living on-site at Open Temple House and assisting with services and happenings
What does being a Soul Journey Fellow (SJF) mean? The SJF will play an important role in hosting happenings, preparing and organizing before and after all services and events. The SJF will become an active member of our community and a thoughtful custodian of our communal space. The SJF ensures that the environment is always clean, tidy, and welcoming to all.
The SJF is a people person who thrives in a bustling communal environment. They are comfortable meeting and greeting community members with a smile, creating conversation and connections, and they love to make people feel welcome and appreciated. The ideal applicant is highly flexible, willing to go with the flow and adjust gracefully to shifting needs. The SJF can also choose a personal contribution depending on their unique skills and interests: This may be a creative, technical, or social project relating to and enhancing Open Temple. The applicant must eat a vegetarian or kosher-pescetarian diet in the house as we keep a kosher dairy kitchen.
The Soul Journey fellowship begins August 1, 2019 and runs through May 30, 2020 and is open to souls under 30 years of age. The fellowship provides a stipend of $500/month, lodging for 10 months at Open Temple House, 10 spiritual direction sessions and entrance to all classes and happenings at Open Temple. If you are under 30 and interested in applying please send a letter of intent and resume as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Soul Journey Fellow. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
If you are interested in volunteering with Open Temple please email email@example.com.