Jr. Justice League
Ages 7 to 12
Our children are current and future change makers.
Open Temple offers a social distance summer workshop for kids to create a social action plan, learn about racial injustice past and present, and set a course for the future.
Format will reflect evolving health guidelines
Key features include:
- Meets twice weekly using a combo of Zoom rooms and other virtual platforms
- Exploration of the responsibility we each carry to respect and lift up others
- Participants will develop and implement an anti-bias/racist action plan
- Justice Toolkit of supplies and resources for participants and families
- Carefully crafted curriculum, designed and led by Rabbi Lori and Zach to include:
- Pledge of Allegiance (Home Project)
- Mission & Finding Your Inner Warrior (Guest Artist: Photographer Kelly Fogel)
- From Moses to Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
- Action Plan for Your Family & Community
- Implementing Your Plan Through Creative Activism
- Culmination Event
Open Temple is committed to ensuring that fees are not a barrier to entry and will try to meet your needs. Please contact Zach Lasker to discuss financial assistance.