The Open Temple Administrative Guru.
Pocket Protector not required.
Open Temple has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, thoughtful, organized, and detail-oriented individual to support the Founding Rabbi and Artistic Director, as well as provide general administrative support to the organization as a whole. This part-time position (~20 hours/week) requires someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, including occasional nights and weekends. The ideal candidate is an organizational guru who has good judgement, strong follow-through, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with efficiency and excellence.
- Provide administrative support for Rabbi including managing her calendar, sending communications, supporting her in preserving her schedule, assisting with preparation for meetings, taking meeting notes, and following up on behalf of the Rabbi
- Provide administrative and logistical support for Open Temple staff and programs
- Be a general liaison for the OT community: be present in the OT House and available to walk-ins and community members
- Answer phone at OT House, check OT voicemail, respond to or forward messages
- Address inbound emails and calls
- Utilize organizational processes for maintaining efficient workflow
- Update all public and internal calendars for events and meetings
- Sort, scan, and file documents, including mail
- Maintain organized financial records including credit card statements and documentation of revenue (donations, payment for programs, etc.)
- Maintain community database in Salesforce and generate reports
- Maintain the general organization and cleanliness of OT Campus
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic creative startup environment
- Potential to pursue passions in a growing organization that values multi-talented humans
- Commitment to Open Temple’s mission and core values including Truth (emet), Love (ahavah), and Creativity (Yetzirah); curiosity about community and spirituality
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects; strong organizational skills
- Ability to organize and synthesize meeting notes to determine and prioritize action steps
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and community members
- Flexible and embraces that no day is the same
- Enjoys a creative environment and an active shared workspace
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Experience with social media
Contact Rabbi Lori Shapiro: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Executive Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Include your resume and a short letter of introduction that shares why you are a good fit for the position at Open Temple.